Give Your Project The Strong Foundation It Needs
Meet Mike Neiman
Real Estate Attorney
Mike's legal practice is focused on representing investors and developers in a broad range of real estate matters, including acquisitions, developments, dispositions, commercial leasing, litigation, and opportunity zone consulting. Mike has experience representing clients in residential and commercial transactions, with a focus on representing clients in the acquisition of multi-family apartment properties. Since 2019, Mike has structured and closed over $500M in real estate transactions throughout the country. Mike regularly works with real estate partnerships by discussing the partners' goals before helping with the formation of their entity with all the necessary organizational documents. Mike then provides legal guidance through every step of the acquisition process, by assisting in the negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, due diligence review, and closing coordination.
Originally a native of Cleveland, Ohio, Mike moved to Columbus in 2012 where he attended Ohio State's Fisher College of Business and Capital University Law School. During his time at Capital, Mike participated in public service through two externships with the Ohio State Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Souther District of Ohio. Mike was also the President of the Corporate and Business Law Society and awarded the Ohio State Bar Association's Real Property Section Scholarship. Mike is also an Ohio licensed title insurance agent.
Mike believes in making his community a better place and is an investor and developer of real estate with a focus on developing multi-family assets within Columbus' opportunity zones. Mike currently manages a growing real estate portfolio valued at over $10M, with an emphasis on acquiring multifamily complexes in the 40-100-unit range in the Midwest.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio, J.D.
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Major: Litigation Concentration
- Law Review: Law Review Volume 47
- The Ohio State University, B.S.
- Major: Corporate Finance
- Ohio, 2019
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2021
- Ohio State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section Council Student Member, 2018 to 2019
- NAIOP, Developing Leader
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Qualified Opportunity Zones – How Active Participation and Complementary Legislation Can Help States Develop Their Distressed Communities
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Torts & Depositions
- Ohio State Bar Association’s Real Property Section Scholarship
- Sikora Law, Associate Attorney, of Counsel
- The Supreme Court of Ohio, Justice Patrick DeWine, Legal Extern
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Chief Judge Edmund Sargus, Jr., Legal Extern
- Joslyn Law Firm, Law Clerk