Real Estate Litigation Attorneys Advocating For Your Interests
Litigation is an unfortunate reality for many real estate developers. Sometimes, you need to get the court involved to solve a contract dispute or land boundary issue. While the last thing you want to do is spend time in a courtroom, hiring the right real estate litigation attorney can make the process smoother and more successful.
At Neiman Law, our real estate lawyers help individuals and businesses of all sizes with their real estate disputes. With our attorneys’ experience with real estate and in the courtroom, you can count on their strong business acumen to help you navigate the complex litigation process. Assisting clients in Columbus and nationwide, our team is known for its responsive and detail-oriented legal guidance.
Helping You Navigate Real Estate Litigation
Real estate litigation often arises from unfulfilled or broken contracts or disputes regarding titles or property boundaries. These types of issues can hold back the progress of your project and cause you to waste time and money trying to resolve it.
Our lawyers can help you with a variety of real estate litigation matters, including:
- Breaches of contract
- Title disputes
- Boundary disputes
- Eminent domain matters
The goal of any real estate litigation case is obtaining a favorable outcome through a court verdict or settlement. While you can solve many issues without going to court, it isn’t always possible. When this happens, you can trust our team at Neiman Law to staunchly advocate for your interests. Our lawyers will take the time to creatively formulate a solid legal strategy to help you attain a positive outcome to push your project forward.
The Real Estate Litigation Process
Real estate litigation typically goes through several stages, each requiring specific legal skills and strategies for a successful outcome. These include:
- Initial consultations: This is where you outline your issues and concerns, and the attorney assists you in understanding the viability of your claim. This helps both the client and the lawyer decide how they should proceed.
- Discovery: This is the stage of the litigation process where all the relevant information that may be crucial to the case is collected. Your litigation lawyer may gather contracts, deeds and correspondence relevant to the case. You can also expect them to obtain written interrogatories and take depositions from witnesses, as necessary.
- Evaluation: Based on the information gathered during the discovery, your lawyer will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of the case, including a review of its strengths and weaknesses.
- Negotiations: It’s almost always faster and easier to settle a case by agreement. You can expect your attorney to aggressively advocate for a favorable resolution by consent, but only when it is in your best interests.
- Trial preparation: If a settlement cannot be reached or it is more advantageous to take the case to trial, your lawyer will develop a trial strategy that identifies the key legal arguments and evidence that should be presented before the court.
- Trial: When a case goes to trial, your experienced litigation attorney will present the relevant evidence, examine and cross-examine witnesses, and make all the appropriate legal arguments to support your case.
Whether you are concerned about an Ohio division of real estate, have been taken advantage of by a “bait and switch” tactic, or have a conflict related to a wholesale real estate deal, our real estate lawyers have the skills to be your relentless advocates both inside and outside the courtroom. They know how to keep each step of the process on track and drive a case to a successful conclusion.
Experience That Can Make A Difference In Your Case
With our attorneys’ experience working on multimillion-dollar real estate transactions and managing the disputes and conflicts that come with them, they know how to identify problems and efficiently solve them. Contact us today 614-454-3579 or complete an online contact form.